BLOG 7 - How Can Your Major Make the World a Better Place
I truly believe that the major is not what makes a difference or can help the world, there is not specific major that can affect the world in a big way. The people studying are what really keep this world moving and improving, for example there is tons and tons of engineers, but only a few can really change things.
In my case,
sociology is a complex major, understanding aspects of society is what we do, and
for accomplishing that we make quizzes, studies, or we read/interpret them. I
believe that in the long way we could make an impact, and contribute to
eradicate the problems we as humans face, like discrimination, segregation, sexism,
etc. But is hard to show people the progress in the academic world that they aren’t
familiar with.
I hope one day I
could make a change in this world, to make it a better place, but only time
will tell.


How inspiring ... I am sure that one day you will be able to change the world, the power is within you! The major will be just a tool that will help you.
ResponderEliminarI think the same. The major will not change the world, but we will make that change, contributing as we can, so we can make the world a better place.
ResponderEliminar